Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time Well Spent


When I initially began this Master’s program I was unsure of what to expect.  The fear of unknowing made me a little hesitant, however it was important enough to me to step out and begin my journey.   Being part of an online learning community was a new adventure that I was not so confident about.  I thought perhaps the familiarity of the traditional class room experience would hinder me from independent learning.  This type of educational experience taught me that I can take on new challenges and succeed in my efforts.   Now looking back, I realize just how valuable this experience has been to me.  I have learned a great deal from not only the assignments, but also from my colleagues.  I have never had educational classroom working experiences.  I appreciate all of my colleague’s advice and sharing of your educational backgrounds.  I now feel confident to enter in to a new career with a strong educational base in the early learning field.   I will always keep in mind the importance of family, partnership, and inclusion in the field of early education.  As well I have learned to recognize and eliminate my own personal biases, which enhances my ability to build connections with children, families, and peers.  Without these lessons I would be less likely to succeed in the field.   My future will bring opportunities to share my knowledge with others in my community.  I ultimately want to see children reach their highest of potential and to provide an environment where families feel supported.   Opening centers and community programs in my local area will be the highlight of my career.


 I would like to thank all of my colleagues and instructors who have been supportive though this learning experience.  I am thankful for all you’re your input and feedback.  I wish you all the best in the future pursuit of your goals.

2 comments:

  1. Leone,

    I want to thank you for your feedbacks in the discussion boards. Your feedbacks always helped me to see what I missed or left out. Although, I am going to miss our discussions and reading your blogs. I am glad we finished our courses at Walden together.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, was a little unsure when starting this program. I have never completed a course that only involved the use of technology and was somewhat intimidated by that. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences throughout this course. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete